Greystone - Estate in the Vines is located in the idyllic stretch of valley and hills between the villages of Kenwood and Glen Ellen and is known as the Heart of Sonoma Valley, a destination wine lover’s look to for world-class wines, concerts and fun-filled festivals. It is the perfect setting for a group of friends to share the wine country experience, a corporate retreat, romantic escape or a family reunion.
California’s Sonoma County is home to dramatic coastal beaches, magnificent redwood forests, unparalleled wineries, pastoral back-roads with small towns,
as well as this celebrated wine country vacation rental property.
Arrival at the estate is via a two lane highway that meanders through the
Valley of the Moon, which boasts one of the most dramatic landscapes,
Hood Mountain and Sugarloaf Ridge.
The 2-acre estate is a vast complex of stone, fountains and streams
of light amidst the backdrop of a vineyard setting. Architecturally, the estate
has been designed to blend into the landscape with natural hues,
materials and textures, a feature of Wine Country design. Enjoy the tennis court, swimming pool and hot tub or play bocce ball at your leisure.
The interior layout permits guests to move easily from space
to space. Every room is designed to be inviting and comfortable.
The 5,000 square foot Estate features a gourmet kitchen,
splendid outdoor dining areas and relaxed yet elegant
living spaces to connect with family and friends.
As the evening reaches its conclusion, our spacious 5 bedroom
Accommodations for up to 10 guests complete the ambience for a perfect day.
Fine linens and towels are provided for our guests as well as certified
organic botanical essentials for hair and bath. Spa treatment may include:
Massages and organic facial experiences you will not want to miss.
There are 3 bedrooms in the main house with 2 ½ bathrooms.
The attached Carriage House offers 2 bedrooms, 1 ½ bathrooms with a sitting area
and mini kitchen. The Office provides a separate, quiet place to work.
The Exercise Room is equipped with cardio and free-weight equipment.
Wellness recommendations may include: Personal Training, Scenic Hiking or Yoga.
Greystone – Estate in the Vines is a place that speaks to your soul and
rejuvenates the spirit.
For all of your future adventures trust Rentini to find the best vacation rental by owner deals.
Wine and Dine
|Type:||Villa||Fees (Cleaning Fee) :||$350.00|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights||Security Deposit:||$3,500.00|
Greystone Manor, LLC
RENTAL AGREEMENT- Physical Address - 170 Hoff Road
Mailing Address – Greystone Estate in the Vines – P O Box 255 – Kenwood, CA 95452
Greystone Manor, LLC, and owners, collectively referred to as Greystone, and Guest agree as follows: Guest is an adult over the age of 25 and will be an occupant of the property during the entire reserved period.
1. CONDITIONS OF USE - Other occupants will be family members, friends, responsible adults or children under direct adult supervision. Excessive noise or other nuisances may be cause for immediate termination of the rental agreement and forfeiture of the guest’s rent. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. Large parties, Sub-Leases, Weddings or special events are NOT permitted. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories and as a result they would have to vacate the property without refund.
2. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests is limited to 12 overnight guests and 18 daytime guests between the hours of 9AM – 10PM. This is a Sonoma County ordinance.
3. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advanced payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the rental party will not be permitted to check-in.
4. PAYMENT &SECURITY DEPOSIT – $8,900 6 night Special Package, plus 9% Sonoma County occupancy tax and $300 cleaning fee. Total $10,028. 50% deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Balance is due 60 days prior to arrival.
5. DAMAGE/SECURITY/CANCELLATION DEPOSIT – A damage/security/cancellation deposit of $3,500 is required. A “HOLD” will be placed on your credit card for $3,500. The deposit is not applied to the Rent; however, it is fully refundable within fourteen (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to residence or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear and no contents are lost.
b. All keys and automatic openers are returned.
c. All charges accrued during the stay are paid in full.
d. No linens are damaged or lost.
e. The Renter is not evicted by the manager, local law enforcement, or the
security company employed by Greystone.
f. Any fees that may apply to cancellation of contract.
6. CANCELLATIONS - You must notify Greystone Manor, LLC in writing of a reservation cancellation. A fee of $100 will be charged for all cancellations. In the event of a cancellation after the deposit is received, or more that 120 days prior to the arrival date, a 20% service fee will be charged. If cancelled 120 to 60 days prior to the arrival date, 25% of the total rental fee will be charged. If cancelled or full payment is not received 60 days prior to arrival date, the reservation will be cancelled and the total amount paid will be forfeited. All monies are forfeited on cancellations within 60 days of the rental term due to the difficulty of re-renting the premises on such notice. Payments and deposits are refundable if the accommodations are re-rented for the same exact period cancelled less a 10% facilitating fee. Additional booked services such as sightseeing, private chef, events, etc., have different cancellation terms that may apply to your Agreements with concierge services available to you. We encourage you to consider purchasing cancellation insurance for your rental.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advanced payment, deposit and /or rental money, and the rental party will not be permitted to check-in.
8. PETS – Tenant agrees not to bring or allow pets on or in the premises during the rental term without the express written consent of Greystone. Permission may require an additional Security Deposit.
9. SMOKING – Smoking is NOT ALLOWED INDOORS OR ON THE UPPER DECKS of Greystone. Smoking is allowed in OUTDOOR DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY. The wine country is seasonally very dry and subject to dangerous fires. You may be restricted to a NO SMOKING policy during this time of the year.
10. HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE - The rental contract includes a $300 fee for normal cleaning at the end of the rental term.
If the condition of the premises require extra cleaning, the tenant shall be responsible for the cost of such cleaning. Additional Tidy-up or Daily Housekeeping Services can be provided by request and will incur an additional fee.
11. CHECK-IN – Check in time is 4:00 P.M. on the day of your arrival. A representative from Greystone will meet you at the property. Please advise Greystone in advance with an approximate arrival time.
12. CHECK-OUT – Check out time is 11:00 A.M. on the day of your departure. A representative from Greystone will meet you at the property. Please advise Greystone in advance with an approximate departure time.
13. UTILITIES – Usage of the Telephones for local calls and Internet Services are included in your rent. Your rental fee includes normal utility usage which is calculated based on historical utilities usage. The tenant shall be responsible for utilities usage that exceeds the normal amount. We wish for you to be comfortable with a conscience. Please conserve our energy.
14. WHAT WE SUPPLY – The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that includes bedspreads, linens, pillows, towels, a fully equipped kitchen, televisions, and furnishings. Paper products are supplied as well. Staples such as salt, pepper, foils, wraps, etc. are also included. Alcoholic beverages found in the entertainment area bar are for those over 21 years of age.
15. WEATHER – Greystone does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will Greystone accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather, natural disasters, acts of God or other reasons beyond its control. The weather will determine the water temperature in the solar heated pool. The solar heated swimming pool is generally very comfortable from May 15th – October 15th. Additional heating of the swimming pool may be available upon request for an additional fee.
16. RURAL PROPERTY – Greystone is in a remote location. As such, what would be considered normal response time for public services in an urban area may not be available in this location. Also, naturally dwelling animals, reptiles, insects and fauna may be different then might be encountered in an urban setting.
17. RIGHT TO FARM – Our property is located next to a vineyard which is an agricultural operation on agricultural land. Tenants should be aware this is a normal and necessary aspect of renting a home in the country with a strong rural
character and an active agricultural sector.
18. SWIMMING POOL / HOT TUB - Tenant hereby acknowledges that the property includes a swimming pool and hot tub, the undersigned is fully aware that the swimming pool, hot tub and surrounding patio/deck/ diving board can be dangerous; that the deck/patio/ diving board can be slippery when wet and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. Tenant acknowledges that the swimming pool and hot tub at the property may be uncovered and/or unprotected by fences and therefore may constitute an inherently dangerous condition for which tenant accepts full responsibility during the term and without limiting the foregoing, tenant will defend Greystone and its agents against any claims related to these conditions. The covers to both the pool and the hot tub should be closed unless in use. Children must be supervised at all times around the swimming pool and hot tub. The undersigned accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the swimming pool, hot tub, diving board and deck / patio areas.
19. POOL TABLE – The pool table is not to be used by anyone under the age of 18 without the direct supervision of an adult.
20. MAINTENANCE - Greystone will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur.
Tenant shall provide prompt, detailed telephonic notice to Greystone of any damage or disrepair to or affecting the property. If such damage or disrepair is not the result of the action or inaction of Tenant, and if such damage or disrepair interferes with the use of the premises, Greystone, shall have 36 hours to replace or repair the same without reduction in Tenants rent. Upon notice to Tenant, Greystone may enter the property for necessary maintenance, repairs, or other reasonable purposes.
21. SAFETY OF CHILDREN – Please be aware the property is not equipped with safety latches for children. Please review items that may have been left in cabinetry upon your arrival to insure your children’s safety. We look forward to your visit and will enjoy working with you to make your stay memorable. We are confident that you will do your best to give the estate and its possessions care and respect .
22. EXPRESS INDEMNITY/ARBITRATION - The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges Greystone or its agents from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury of whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Greystone or its agents free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from unless such injury is caused by the negligence and/ or acts of Greystone or its agents. This agreement shall be in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Each party waives the right to trial by jury in any matter and action under this Agreement, including, without limitation, in any summary proceeding based on termination, holdover or other default in which repossession of the Premises is sought. In the case of any dispute between the parties (other than any summary proceeding based on termination, holdover , or other default in which repossession of the Premises is sought), the parties agree that such a dispute shall be exclusively and finally resolved in arbitration, without recourse to any court, by a single arbitrator qualified to resolve disputes of the nature by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), such arbitrator to be selected from among the list available AAA arbitrators according to the AAA arbitrator selection procedures. The arbitration shall take place in the County of Sonoma, California. Any party to this Agreement may initiate the arbitration by providing a written notice to all other parties to the Agreement, which notice bears a current date, states the name of the initiating party, and briefly states the matter to be arbitrated. The arbitrator may allocate costs, fees, and other expenses of the arbitration equally among the parties to the dispute, except in the instance that the arbitrator determines that a party has initiated an arbitration without a reasonable basis
for doing so, the arbitrator shall assess against the party the costs of the other parties relating to the arbitration, including reasonable attorneys’ fees. The award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, and judgment may be entered on it in accordance with the applicable law in any court having jurisdiction thereof. All claims that are related to or dependent on each other shall be heard by the same arbitrator, even though the parties are not the same, unless a specific contract prohibits such consolidation. Any party, without waiving the right to arbitrate an issue, may apply to a court for professional relief, writs, attachments, or injunctions that may not be available in arbitration.
23. ENTIRE CONTRACT – Time is of the essence. All prior agreements between owner and tenant are incorporated in this Agreement, which constitutes the entire contract. It is intended as a final expression of the parties’ agreement, and may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior agreement or any contemporaneous oral agreement. The parties further intend that this Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the terms, and that no extrinsic evidence whatsoever may be introduced in any judicial or other proceeding, if any, involving the Agreement. Any provisions of this Agreement that is held to be invalid shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision in this Agreement. The waiver of any breach shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of the same or any subsequent breach. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, County of Sonoma.
The undersigned has read and understands the terms and conditions of this (4 Page) agreement:
GUEST NAME: _____________________________ADDRESS_________________________________________
Greystone Manor, LLC Received and Accepted by: _____________________Date: _______________________
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FOR RESERVATION &
Security Deposit - I agree to have put a hold on my credit card of $3,500.00 which is a damage security deposit or
fees that may apply to a cancellation of contract. Do you wish to place your balance due on this credit card? ____
Name on card_____________________________________Card#_________________________________________
VISA ____MasterCard ____Expiration Date____________3 or 4 Digit Code___________
Signature of Cardholder______________________________________Date_________________________________
In the event of an emergency it is important to be able to reach all of our guests. Please provide the following:
Guest Name Email Cell Number
Greystone – Estate in the Vines
Guest Code of Conduct
We encourage you to share the terms and conditions of your rental agreement
with other members of your party and review these again prior to your arrival.
You have agreed not to host an event, wedding, party or other gathering that
exceeds the maximum overnight occupancy(12 guests) displayed on the contract.
Sonoma also has strict county requirements and guidelines regarding parties,
noise, food service and gatherings and violations may result in significant fines.
Daytime guests may not exceed (18 guests) between in hours of 9AM – 10PM.
· You have agreed to use the property as a Luxury Vacation Rental for the number of people you have
identified on your rental agreement. Occupancy may not exceed the number of people specified for
Estate in the Vines. We are more than happy to arrange accommodations for overflow guests.
· We want you to enjoy the peace and serenity of our country property. Please be respectful
of our neighbor’s rural residential environment and observe the strict county ordinance
mandating quiet between 10 PM and 9AM. This includes the Swimming Pool & Hot Tub.
· While we discourage smoking - we have provided a strict outdoor smoking area.
There is No Smoking allowed inside the Estate or anywhere else on the premises.
· You must agree to notify us immediately about any damages, breakage or stains.
· Please note the terms regarding your security deposit, excessive energy usage, excessive
cleaning and garbage, pets, tennis court, hot tub and swimming pool liability.
You have received the key for the pool cover and accept responsibility for your guests.
*The weather determines the water temperature in the solar heated swimming pool.
Please review all of the important Terms & Conditions in your agreement, violation of which
may result in significant additional charges and forfeiture of your security deposit.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the terms & Conditions.
We are confident you will treat Estate in the Vines and all of its possessions